1998 E39 528 5.7 LS1 / 4L60e / Ford 8.8 3.73 posi
For Sale $5,500 - NO trades, NO offers
Start up + Walk Around Video
(click for video)
• 5.7 LS1
• Harness made from Tefzel M22759/16 wire
• Custom 2pc drive shaft with e60 M5 center bearing
• Ford 8.8, G-force Axles, 3.73 Ford Racing Gear and Posi
• Custom 1.75" Full length headers - mild steel
• Full 3" Exhaust
• Modified spare tire well to accommodate true dual exhaust
• E60 spare tire, foam insert, jack and tools in spare tire well area
• Wood trim wrapped in 3M vinyl.... this was my first wrap project, I just don't like the look of wood and didn't want to buy the black trim pieces new or used
• Tires: Continental ExtremeContact
Sport, all tires 7/32 tread, 2017 date code except driver front at 2016
• Brakes: Front 4mm pad thickness
Rear 7mm pad thickness
Brakes installed are genuine BMW - brake light is on for front brake pads
Needs List (incomplete) :
• New home :) Have another project ready to come out of the garage and sadly just need room
• Transmission needs to be rebuild: on full throttle slips in 2nd gear, regular driving - no notable transmission issues
• Proper tune, currently it has a Speed Density tune - was given help from fellow co worker how to tune it and that's how it is.
Never tuned it properly since transmission needs to be rebuilt.
• I had a/c before cam swap, then moved engine 1/2 inch forward and then the hose for expansion valve to compressor was too short.
Now.... I see it was an easy fix, but I already re used the old parts instead of just putting hose splice in :(
• Wheels have been separated, cleaned, failed clear coat from the barrels has been removed with aircraft stripper and not re-cleared.
wheels have a chalky dull finish now :( takes a lot of polish to get them back to shiny.
• Headliner needs to be redone
• Headlight assemblies are OEM halogen, retrofitted with FX-R projectors and covers have been replaced with ebay euro style years ago, and have yellowed.
• All 4 door brakes are cracking - needs to be replaced
• All ABS sensors are probably original and the plastic/rubber is falling apart along with wire insulation / copper wire is exposed
Additional parts included:
Used rear sub frame - I bought incase I changed the rear diff mounting bracket
Used (black) trunk - paint in good condition, one minor dent
New front door vapor barriers
Stock BMW 528 rear bumper (removed when the OE rear M5 bumper was installed)
1 new old stock Style 5 wheel
1 original old style 5 (spare wheel and tire)